Several trained Deputy Voter Registrars on staff can assist you in registering to vote. Please call us at 708-485-6917, ext. 150 to make sure that a registrar is available at the time you need. You can also register online here.
- To find your home polling place you can use the Cook County Clerk's Voter Information Tool.
- Visit https://illinoisvoterguide.org/ for a non-partisan resource guide to candidates.
To Register to vote, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years old by the general election
- A resident of your precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day
You will also need to display two pieces of identification. Acceptable forms include:
- Illinois driver's license
- Illinois state ID
- Employee or student ID
- Credit card
- Social security card
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill in applicant's name
- Mail postmarked to the applicant
- Valid U.S. passport
- Public aid ID card
- Lease or rental contract
You can also register to vote online, by mail, grace period registration or election day registration. Please be sure to check the specific deadline for the registration option you select as dates differ depending on the method of registration.
For more information on voter registration, like if you are registered to vote, your polling place, your sample ballot, who your elected officials are and more, visit the Cook County Clerk's website.